So Constance was in the Gilbert Days Parade yesterday, and it was great! Logan was at home with a sick daddy, but I took some great pics for him. He loved seeing the picture of the old firetruck! Ah, Gilbert Days, a fun parade that mixes all that is old and new. Lots of fun! My favorite part is always the classic cars and the MANY horses. Such beautiful creatures!
Okay, so this float was AWESOME! You hardly ever see something of this magnitude in the Gilbert days parade, but I gotta admit, this one was a doozy! The people who were on the the float were even doing Tai Chi. I have no clue whatsoever they were promotin, beit a school, church, or dojo of some kind, but nonetheless, it was pretty stinkin' cool.
I did learn some valuable things going yesterday.
- Six year olds get very bored waiting for the parade to start.
- Six year olds are still bored while sitting on the parade float.
- No matter how hot its going to be by 11 am, you will still freeze to death until 10:59 am.
- People who, as a concrete rule, never use a Port-a-Potty will in fact, after doing a thirty minute I'm-gonna-pee-in-my-seat dance, finally mentally renegotiate their rules, allow for emergency circumstances, and finally cross the street and use the oh-so-scary thing.
- Traffic after that parade is horrible!
- Black hair in direct sun gets REALLY warm (alas, not warm enought to thaw the rest of you. it's like a weird hot flash).
All in all, it was a fun day, and I got to spend time with some very dear friends and watch my daughter in her very first parade. What a day!