Eric has been hard at work studying away in preparations for exams and presentations. But he still makes time for us, which is always special. We went out and did some Christmas shopping yesterday, and got stuff for our new fish tank (same fish, upgraded tank).
Exciting news (more, I know)! Constance is the 'Star of the Week' in her class she gets to brint the snack, read her favorite story to the class, be the line leader all week, and gets to take a poster all about her to display for the week. She's thrilled!
Logan has decided that it's more fun to take the ornaments off of the tree than it is to put them on. He's also decided that the garland looks better in his mouth than hanging on the braches. We'll have to wait for a few of the beads to... um... resurface... as it were, and then they'll have to be thrown out. *uncomfortable cough* Ewww.
Well, I'm off to go and convince Eric that we need a cat named Alice (it's involved). Wish me luck!
I love watching the kids' faces Christmas morning, when they see the gifts under the tree. I love that they willingly go and donate their old toys to children who may not otherwise have Christmas. I love the spirit of love and hope that lingers all over my home, and the joy that it brings to us all. I love the smell of fresh baked cookies, homemade fudge, and Christmas trees. I love that we've already scheduled Christmas exchanges, early dinners, parties, and more. I love that I have a lot of my Christmas shopping done already! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!
I'm even excited for Thanksgiving this year. Thanksgiving will be wonderful, spent with dear friends. I've been put in charge of stuffing, and Eric is so excited that he gets my super-yummy sausage water chestnut stuffing! It's SO good!
- I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving, and that you'll all be kept safe! If you're going to any of the Black Friday sales, remember the important stuff: Hot cocoa if you're going early to stand outside in the bitter cold.
- Your shopping list, organized by person, store, and section.
- And finally, a Tazer... because sometimes people just get dang rude on Black Friday (evil chuckle).
Let the merriness begin! -Jeri
I did learn some valuable things going yesterday.
- Six year olds get very bored waiting for the parade to start.
- Six year olds are still bored while sitting on the parade float.
- No matter how hot its going to be by 11 am, you will still freeze to death until 10:59 am.
- People who, as a concrete rule, never use a Port-a-Potty will in fact, after doing a thirty minute I'm-gonna-pee-in-my-seat dance, finally mentally renegotiate their rules, allow for emergency circumstances, and finally cross the street and use the oh-so-scary thing.
- Traffic after that parade is horrible!
- Black hair in direct sun gets REALLY warm (alas, not warm enought to thaw the rest of you. it's like a weird hot flash).
All in all, it was a fun day, and I got to spend time with some very dear friends and watch my daughter in her very first parade. What a day!
I consider my lesson learned. never again will I attempt red. It may make my eyes look REALLY blue, but it just plain old hates me.
Eric's gonna kill me.
P.S. Yes, I love Paramore.
Okay. the real link to my deviantart galerie is http://moosie6182.deviantart.com/ sorry about that.
Anywho, spent the day at craft stores and doctor's offices. My feet hurt, and I still have a bunch o' stuff to do for the day. Ah... thank goodness it's sandwigh night. I love sandwich night!
I didn't paint this, but I like the artist that did. Can't remeber his name to save my life... whatch gonna do? Have a spectacular remainder of your day! -Jeri
Now, take Hayley Williams. She is a rock star, therefore according to said hubby, she can have the hair. But I don't want it to be cherry red (even though it would be FREAKING AWESOME), but burgundy with black could be fun. Not chunked like I sprayed it for Halloween, but maybe burgundy with black underneath and black low lights all over? I think that could be great! I dunno. I'm at least gonna do the cut, it's pretty much what I have now, just more fun! What do you think?
Well, here is another of my works. This was inspired by my aunt, who lives for fall, leaves, and art! So, Lisa, this one's for you!
In lighter news: yesterday I made a picture for my brother, one that has been in the making for about 15 years. Ha! I finally have the tech to do it. SO... with out further ado, I give you...
So Barak Obama is president, well, will be soon. Can't say that I'm thrilled, but democracy is a beautiful thing, and I'm greatful that we have the freedom to choose and participate. No sense in complaining. Well, have a good day! -Jeri
I just got the soundtrack for Twilight and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Get it, listen to it, fall in love with it! I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire the other day and sqeaked when Rob came on. It was completely invoulentary! LOL. Oh well, it made Eric laugh and roll his eyes at me. Whatcha gonna do, right? I can't help it, I'm a fan! Can't wait for the movie either!
Okay, so I found a new art program that I'm gonna try out some fractal work on, so look for my art in the days to follow! Bye!